Sunday, December 29, 2013

Vitamin C Blast Smoothie


If you're like most people, you hate getting sick. I love this time of year because of all the celebrating with friends and family. But, it's a total drag when you're down and out with a cold or bug. I try to be very diligent with hand-washing to rid myself of germs. But the number one best defense for staying healthy? A kick-ass immune system. 

I start every day with a smoothie. It's an easy way to get a boost of nutrients first thing. Today's smoothie was all about Vitamin C, which is great for fighting off the cold and flu.  Full recipe after the jump! 

Vitamin C Blast Smoothie Ingredients
















Vitamin C Blast Smoothie Recipe

Add the following ingredients to a high-powered juicer or blender. (I use the Ninja to make all my smoothies and I HIGHLY recommend it.) 
  • One banana
  • Two oranges
  • 2 cups pineapple 
  • About 1 cup coconut water
  • Heaping handful of spinach 
  • 2 spoonfuls of chia seeds 
Pour into a glass and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment